Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Staying Up Late and Getting Up Later...

   Sometimes the game actually is better than the hype.

   Of course if you are Alabama, you think maybe this is the one.

   Clemson may be looking for a few more seconds on the clock.

   But for the average fan, just looking for a great game, this one had it all. Back and forth, up and down, it was all there.

   I've not read any reports, but there are certain things that stand out:

   1. Two very good teams, both deserving to be there.

   2. Two good coaches, the winner and the non-winner (loser is not a good adjective here).

   3. College Football was the big winner.

   4. Two quarterbacks that made it happen for their teams.



   5. Hard-hitting football without many penalties at all. My memory is not too good sometimes, but I just can't remember any.

   6. Well worth staying up past midnight to watch.

   So I congratulate the winner, Alabama, and also the runner up (not the loser), for being a credit to the game. I celebrate the skill of the players and the expertise of the coaches.

   And I know, that for a fan who did not pull for either Alabama or Clemson, who only watched to see a good game, this was one to remember.

   And I'm glad that there was no job waiting for me at 8AM this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment