Tuesday, January 26, 2016

This is Hard, for Me...

   I have been using the Bible texts from The Moravian Daily Reader as my focus in my morning times over these past few weeks. I just wanted to hear from God, from His Word, without the temptation of reading what others had to say about any given subject.

   In short, I just wanted Him and not a human filter on this relationship.

   So I have not read anything this morning, yet. I got up with something on my mind, something that looks like a big problem, but wants a satisfying answer.

   But let me digress a little bit.

   One of the verses in the Psalm portion of a reading a few days back contained the phrase:

   "the joys of life" (I'll look it up and reference it later, it is just what I remember right now).

   When I read it, I thought: "If I had to list three things that I thought would bring specific joy in my life right now, what would they be?"

   Without going into any detail, the first three things that popped into my mind had to do with:

   Healing

   Restoration

   Presence

   As I awoke this day, something said "Pray, go into your study room and pray. Don't just do your regular morning routine with walking and all, just go and pray."

   I still had those Healing, Restoration, Presence, things on my mind along with my specific concern, and I thought "what do I pray?"

   (An Aside: my prayer  life seems anemic to me, it does not meet the levels of prayer warriors that I read and hear about, in my opinion it just does not match up.)

   But the phrase from The Lord's Prayer, just kept running through my mind:

   "Thy Will Be Done"

   And as I kept praying this one thing over and over and over and over….

   The main character from Jan Karon's Mitford book series, Father Tim, had a saying, talking about the prayer that never fails, and it was this:

   "Thy Will Be Done"

   And I want to pray that phrase, not in begrudging resignation, but in confident acclamation that I know it is best for all concerned.

   And I want to also live that way today.

   And I know it is so very impossible without help.

   His Help

No comments:

Post a Comment