Saturday, September 29, 2012

Blessed or Cursed

   Yesterday, I did get up early, and I did look over the readings, and I did think about them for a few minutes, but then the time constraints of the day took over and I did not write. Here is what I took from that Scripture in Luke 6:

 “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
 “Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied.
“Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.
“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!"
   And then the other side:

“But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.
“Woe to you who are full now, for you shall be hungry.
“Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
“Woe to you, when all people speak well of you"
   My concern from all of this was: Which one is me?

   Then I got up early today and the reading was still in the same chapter of Luke's Gospel and I see the continuation of yesterday's in this:

   “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."

   I see the actions that I need in my life to switch my life from the "Woe to" to the "Blessed are".

   Love, Bless,  Give

   I see those with my eyes on the page, but do I really see them?

   God, help me to move those words from my mind on to my heart, so that I might not hear thy dismissal of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment