Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Consider....

   I read in the Psalms this morning, "God opened up the heavens"

   Then I read in the Gospel reading, "the heavens were opened"

   Then I remember another verse from Psalm 8:

   "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;"

   Then I think about the word "consider", look it up in my online dictionary and see that it means, among other things, to think about.

   So I go for a short walk and consider the heavens, the work of His hands, and what do I see?

   I see the stars. I see the sky as it begins to lighten, the clouds as they reflect those early morning colors, and I feel the beginning of a new day, a day that He has created.

   I feel the wind as it blows, and I consider all of this. Things that I do not fully understand, but that I see and feel.

   I see order, and I see consistency. I see the result of the Unseen Hand of the Creator, and I marvel at all of it.

   

   And I think, and remember, that God is in control of everything, of all nature that I see around me, and of the events that happened in the past, plus those that will occur in the future.

   And I am grateful that I have the time to consider all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment