Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Word for Today Is.......Rock

   There are so many definition of rock and so many usages of that word, so I will start with some that I don't mean to write about.

   Not Rock and roll music

   Not Rocking the boat

   Not 98.3, The Rock

   Not a WWE personality

   Not even Pet Rocks or Moon Rocks

   NOT

OR
                                                   

OR EVEN "The Rock"


   I read this verse in Psalm 62 this morning:

   "On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God."

   I read the verse, and then I walk. As I walk I begin to think about what the rocks are in my life. Rocks that I treat as security, either now, or ones that I have clung to in the past.

   There are rocks such as Health, Reputation, Money, Abilities, or even Relationships. Not that any of those are bad, per se, but do they mask what is really important.

   There is an old hymn that goes like this:

   "On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
    All other ground is sinking sand.."

   Nuff said...

No comments:

Post a Comment