Sunday, May 12, 2013

3 Ladies

   On this Mother's Day of 2013, as I think of Mothers in general and those in my life as well, I have much to be thankful for.

   My mother, who passed away in 1995, was a great Mom who raised her 3 boys well, and who set an example for mothers everywhere.

   My wife, who is the mother of our 3 children, has been at my side for almost 55 years, and who has poured her life into her kids, grand kids and, most of all, her appreciative husband.

   But while we are thinking in terms of the number 3, I want to pay tribute this morning to 3 ladies who have affected our family life in a very positive way. I am thinking of the 3 mothers that raise our grand children.

   Our daughter Donna and our daughters-in-law, Karen and Dawn.

   They have all raised good children, the oldest of which will be a junior in college this fall, and instilled in them a value system that will affect all they touch in the future. I know there have been challenges, but they have been there for their kids and have taken the time to support them in all that they do. Most of all they have loved them for who they are.

   Have they raised 7 perfect kids? Hardly, and they know it as well as I, but they have modeled parenthood for them, and that one fact alone will help carry them on into the next generation.

   Thank you ladies, for all you do to make our family tree worth celebrating today.

   Thank You God for giving them to all the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment