Monday, May 20, 2013

How Many Times?

   A lot of the time I seem to live in the sameness of a day. I wake up at or near the same time, I take the same path on my walk, I read, I think, I write, I eat, I play and the list goes on. Looking back on it, it seems like more of the same.

   Even when I am reminded, as I read different Scriptures each morning, that the day I am living in has not even been lived in before, it still seems like a lot of routine stuff.

   I was thinking this morning about my weekend days. There were things on the schedule that I was not particularly looking forward to, but knew I had to live through them. As these events took place I realized that, not only were they not things to be dreaded, but they actually held great meaning for me, if only I took them in the right way. If I had looked at them correctly, they may have even been high points, but, instead, I resigned myself to just getting through. I was blessed anyway, but how much more if I had been looking for them.

   This particular day was still somewhat dark when I got up. When I walked out the sun was still well below the horizon, but the clouds up above were beginning to light up. I knew that the day would begin on God's timetable, and all I had to do was to walk in that new light.



   I knew that the light would be new, but I felt that I did not want to just live like the day was just another "same ole" day. I did not want to just acknowledge the newness of this day, but I wanted to live in the actuality of it. I did not want to just pay lip service to the idea, but grasp it and make it mine in reality.

   This is a new day. I have not lived in it before. How can I live in what it might bring. Not dread, not resignation, but in a sense of wonder, even awe. Knowing that God has allowed me to see this day, and there is a reason.

   I have been reminded of these things before and have even written about them, but I seem to go back and think they are just the routines of a normal life. How many times must my memory be jogged? I know these "new day" facts are true, so why can't I get it from my brain to my life?

   The morning is dark, the sun comes up, a new light shines. It is a NEW LIGHT, one that has not been seen before. This day has not been lived in before. Help me to see it that way.


AGAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment