Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Change of Plans and Encouragement

   I was not going to blog today for various reasons, as stated here:

   I got up on time but had a 7am meeting at church, and that left little time to think or write

   I usually like to write pretty early in the morning when I can still think coherently, and, when that time passes, I usually decide to let it rest till another day.

   I like to write about something that has touched me in some way from what I read, and, when I don't have time to read, my source is unavailable.

   Then a few minutes ago I got a call from one of my friends, and, to paraphrase his words somewhat, he said, "Where is my blog today? I'm not sure I can go on with my day without it."

   I know he just wanted to rag me a little for being lazy, but it made me wonder if what I write does make any difference to anyone else. Most of the time I post my blog and don't think about anything more than what the reading has said to me, but there are times when I get some confirmation that they feel the same way, too.

   Yesterday, I got a note from a lady in our church who said that she often felt the same way (as the post she had just read), and she ended her comment with "Keep on Writing". Those two words gave me another reason to continue.

   So, there is nothing new here in this one, but I did write and I do have one thought:

   Whatever God gives you to do, "Keep on __________"

No comments:

Post a Comment