Friday, May 10, 2013

I See It, Now For Help To Live It...

   Some might say that I woke up early this morning so that I would be ready to play golf with my friends, but I feel something else. There was also some words that I needed to read and pass on in this space.

   Here are the words that came out of Psalm 106:

"Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people;
help me when you save them,
that I may look upon the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation,
that I may glory with your inheritance."


   And here is what they seemed to say to me:

   God, help me when I feel someone else, or maybe all the someone elses, are blessed more than I am. Help me to rejoice in the successes of others around me. Help me to look at other lives and not feel the pangs of jealousy or envy. First of all, I do not know their lives beyond what I see on the outside, but more importantly, I know how much I have been blessed, and it is so much more than I deserve. Help me to see that more than see anything about others.

   Thanksgiving and Satisfaction need to be my lot today.

   Oh, let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment