Friday, August 1, 2014

And There He Was...

   I had an observer on my walk around this morning, perhaps more than one, but this one I saw eventually, and I was reminded. He (or she) was already out there before I got to that spot and saw him. I wished for my camera as he appeared in my vision and then disappeared into the woods on the other side of the fairway.

   One day, sometime back, I did have my camera and got this. Maybe it was the same owl, who knows?



   But let me say what he had reminded me of:

   As I prayed this morning for my day that was stretching out in front of me, the thought hit me that I did not have to worry about what might happen or not happen that day, God was already out there, and, when I got to a point that I did not know how to act or what to do, He was already there, watching, knowing and ready.

   I saw in my mind's eye, that owl as he flew across the path that I had just walked on. I had turned around to see a couple of herons wading in the pond, and there he went. He had been there all the time, but I had not looked up.

   My daughter and her two kids will be coming tomorrow, and I will spend some time today getting ready for their arrival and looking forward to some good times together for a few days, but that is not all that today is for.

   God is already out there today. This day is important too.

   Maybe I had better look up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment