Wednesday, August 20, 2014

For Such A Time...

   As important as I think it is, the future is still out there in the future. I have been caught up in the last couple of days in thinking and blogging about how to look at those days out there, and I do think that it is important to keep those thoughts in mind, but a verse from Psalm 118 hits me. This verse was actually in yesterday's reading, but still open on my computer this morning:

"This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."

   As it is important to think correctly about future events, and how I approach them, I am living in this day, and that is the one time period I can affect the best.

   Now I do not want to slight yesterday and the past before it, after all it is from the past that we learn, and August 19th was a special day, too. It was the 13th birthday of my Arkansas grandson (shown here in a recent picture with his sister).



   This teenager is a whiz, and I look forward to see what the future holds for him. His world on this day is 8th grade in the Conway Public School System, and it too is a day that The Lord has made.

   Yesterday turned to last night, and that in turn ushered in a bright new clear morning here.



   The past is gone, but not forgotten, and the future has not arrived.

"This is the day that the Lord has made;"

   The importance of this day reminds me of another verse in Esther:

"Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

   I need to open my eyes, ears and heart to see the special importance of this day as it happens in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment