Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dreaming, And What About...

   I woke up this morning with a dream on my mind. It was strange and much too complicated to write down, but it pointed me to some things I have been reading lately.

   And it gives me a chance to highlight one picture from our recent visit by our Arkansas kids. Does this not look like a "dreaming" pose?



   Taken form a landing in the lighthouse, looking out over the earth from 100 feet up so so.

   The prayer book that I have been reading talks a lot about our dreams, and I think about the questions of what dreams do I have? Are my dreams about life and health and kids and grandkids? All of these are good but do they qualify for "God-sized" dreams, things that will not happen unless God does them.

   At my age, do I need to have dreams, or is the thought just to persevere until my time runs out?

   The Psalmist says in Psalm 27:4:

"I have asked the Lord for one thing—
this is what I desire!
I want to live in the Lord’s house all the days of my life,"

   What is my desire, my dream?

   I read in another blog this morning:

   "I believe God created us to dream"

   All of us would include even those of us in the older generation.

   Would it not be better for the dreams of my life to come from the depths of prayer and revelation from God, rather than the left over meatloaf of last night?

   I went back and listened to the "I Have A Dream" speech by Dr. King. Now that was a God-sized dream, spoken with the conviction and purpose of a man who knew the rightness of his cause.

   Oh that my dreams would be so in touch with the will of God.

   And I contemplate the question: What Are My Dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment