Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Being In The Light

   Maybe I did not do such a good job yesterday on that potential thing, especially the third portion.

   When I talked about the future and the potential for God to be in all of what might happen, my thought was that He was already there, and we had the potential for realizing that fact and living the time with that knowledge. Living in the light of God's potential is our choice, and realization of that fact is what keeps us from fretting too much about the "what ifs".

   Last evening we went down to the Village pier area for dinner and a relaxing walk around Neptune Park and the shops of that area. Naturally I took my camera, just in case, and I took a shot of the sunset from the pier. I noticed a man between my position and the sunset in the west, and when I looked at the result on the computer this morning, I realized it was a good illustration of my point on this third type of potential.

   (Well, it was potentially a good illustration if I could put down the words to explain what I was thinking.)



   In the lower left hand corner of the shot, there is a man taking a picture of that same sunset. From my vantage point, he is actually standing in the light of what he is shooting. Could he realize that from his viewpoint? I doubt it, but it was true nonetheless.

   The same is true for us. When we put the future in God's hands, and live in that thought as the future unfolds, He is there working for us, and we are in the light of His presence, whether or not we realize it at the time.

   I would like to be able to see the photograph taken by the man on that beach. He had a clear and unobstructed view to the west, and I'm sure it was a nice picture. Did he know he was in the light? Did he know what I saw in my shot from further east? Was his purpose to be in my shot and be an illustration of a point in a blog post?

   Regardless, he was in that light and the result is here.



   May I live in future events in a way that gives credence to the fact that God was there, and that I was in His Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment