Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Questions for a Busy Day

   Some days just are hard to find a place for any quiet time. I'll use this day as an example:

   Mayre Lou and I were going to an FCA breakfast to hear a couple of testimonies from 2 of the PGA players that are here for the McGladrey Classic which kicks off with a pro-am tomorrow and tournament play beginning on Thursday morning. So, after an early morning wake up, we made it to the venue, had breakfast, listened and then exited to go to Brunswick for shopping.

   The reason for going so early to the store was because I am supposed to work on my telephone book delivery beginning this afternoon, if the books arrive. There is an unknown here, and that is when the books will actually get here. They are on the truck, coming from Colorado, I think, but there is no firm ETA as yet.

   So, we come back home from the store, and, not knowing when I will get a call to work, I take the time to sit and study for a few minutes. In addition to those thoughts of what has already transpired at the breakfast, and what has gone on at the store, there are ideas about what the rest of the day might look like.

   I have the opportunity right now, to put in some quality time with my Bible readings, with some prayer and, if the time holds out, with some blogging. I have the time, but can I still my mind long enough to put it to good use? I guess that is why I like the very early morning the best, no prior distractions, unless it is a dream that I awake from.

   So, I sit and I try to get with the program, but I'm sleepy, and my mind flows back and forth, from the Bible passage to the program this morning, to the might-be's of the rest of the day. What to do?

   God knows my thoughts, my supposed schedule, and my heart, but still the question lingers: Is that enough?

   I am grateful that we got the opportunity to go to the breakfast this morning, grateful that the two pro golfers could share their Christian testimony and their faith journey with the folks that were there. I am grateful that we actually had a store to go to, so that we might fill our stomachs with nourishment. I am grateful that we had the funds to buy that stuff, and the transportation to get there and back. I am grateful for this time to be grateful, and the realization that we have so much to be thankful for.

   Perhaps God wanted me to take the time to be grateful this morning. It took a while for my thoughts to actually get to that point, but it is a point well taken. I am grateful to be grateful, and also grateful for the time to realize what this is all about.

   Will that thought hold me when I have to get up real early on Wednesday and Thursday to work my volunteer shift at the tournament? Perhaps God will give me some thoughts as I work, and as I watch the golfers go about their business. I surely hope that is the case......I need His thoughts, Big Time..

No comments:

Post a Comment