Friday, October 26, 2012

What Do I Need Today?

   Today is a travel day. Mayre and I are flying out of Jacksonville this afternoon, going to Charlotte, changing planes, meeting Dwayne and Karen and Sydney at the gate, and flying on to Portland, Maine with them for the long weekend.

   It is a short drive from Portland to Brunswick, where our oldest grandson is in college at Bowdoin. He is a sophomore this year and runs on the cross country team. Tomorrow is their conference meet, being held at their school, and it will give us a chance to, not only visit with him, but to watch him run and see the campus as well.

   

   Although we are not rabid fans of airline travel, with all its new hassles, it is the only way to be able to make this trip. We just pray that all the planes will be on time, that the weather will cooperate, and that a good time will be had by all. Perhaps even hurricane Sandy will stay away from where we are, and we won't have to deal with that storm.

   So as I sit and think about the day, what the plans are and what things might be on our path, I ponder what to pray for. Sure we will pray for safety, for patience, for stamina, for us and the rest of the family, but what else might we need.

   Then I come across this verse in Luke 12:

   "your Father knows that you need them."

   God, the Father, knows what I need right now, this moment, and He knows what my needs will be as the day progresses. I can project, in my mind, what the day will look like, but He knows. Not only that, but He has shown that He cares, and I trust that He does.

   Someone has my back, and that is all that matters.

   I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment