Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Snowball in July

   Yesterday, when I awoke, I had this feeling of being right with the world. I had a song in my mind and the words of it spoke to my heart. As I walked I could feel the rightness of those lyrics, and it was easy to see that God was using those to bless me, even as the song said I would bless Him.

   So, what is different about this day? I still got up, I still saw the morning sunrise, the grass was still green, the birds sang, but it seemed that I did not react the same way to the same stimuli. Was not God still there, and was He not still blessing my life, even by allowing me to be moving about in His wonderful world?

   I wanted to have the same feelings of gladness, of being in the right place, but still I sensed that there was more to it than I had felt or written about. There was a nagging thought that I did not say all there was to say about those blessings that I felt.

   It seemed right yesterday, to end that blog post on a high note, to project what I was feeling during that early morning time, but there was another thought that intruded into my thinking at the end of all of that. There was that verse in Luke 12:

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

   Whoops, why could I not just leave it with the blessing part, and not think so much? Why couldn't I just stay in that land of blessings and not visit that place of responsibility?

   I am not sure of what that will require of me today. Will it relate to money, to time, to trust or to attitude? The only thing that I know for sure is that my first requirement is to acknowledge it.

   The next is to place this additional thought right after what I wrote yesterday, so that both sides of that blessing coin can be realized.

   Then the afterthought, when I bless others I am blessed again. It is not so much the opposite sides of a coin, it is more like a snowball, picking up new snow as it rolls down a hill.

   So, I pray, "God keep me rolling and don't let me melt".

   Amen

 


No comments:

Post a Comment