Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

   I have been playing around with a technique that a friend showed me the other day. This brings an object out of a photograph and highlights it so that it becomes the main focus of an image. It involves taking a color shot, reducing the colors to a grey, or black and white print, and then letting some of the color back into the picture. It might sound complicated, but is not, and does place the emphasis on one part of a shot. As an illustration:



   This seems to ask a question, like "where would you rather relax?"



   Or this one, "don't live a drab life".

   Sometimes I want to have a picture that is very explicit as to what my life resembles. When I am confused, or seem not to have a purpose in life, it would be nice to have it brought into focus with a dramatic change of color.

   It might be like this one, one I might use as a metaphor right now this morning:



   This seems to say: "Look at me, I may be old, but I am sitting here ready to be used."

   It is easy to see where the emphasis lies in each of the manipulated pictures, now I just need to see where it needs to be in my life.

   And my prayer "God, hit me with some color".

No comments:

Post a Comment