Saturday, July 20, 2013

An Apology and A Thought

   It is bad when you wake up and the first thing that you think of is how you messed up yesterday. It is not great big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I made a big mistake yesterday morning in my quick blog post. I used the wrong composer of the music I used for my backdrop. It was not Mozart that penned this symphony, Ode to Joy, of course it was Beethoven, but I guess I was in too big a hurry to get out to play.

   Then, as I walked, I got to thinking about how other people got up this morning.

   I saw a light on in one home, and the TV picture shown through the window. Thinking it was pretty early for this, I then remembered that the British Open was being played, and the 5 hour time difference meant that the telecast of play was already being shown. The person in this house was up watching golf. What thoughts were on his mind as he got up early to do this?

   I stopped and talked to a lady that was leaving on a trip, going to visit a home where a dear friend had passed away. What were her thoughts when the alarm went off this morning?

   Then there was the man that I passed on the cart path. I see him a lot of mornings and, as is usual, he nods with a quick "morning", and moves on, hardly making eye contact. I resolve to stop him the next time I pass him and talk, but, as we meet again on this circular path, his curt nod and demeanor say "not today". What are his thoughts and his attitude toward this new day?

   All along my path this morning there are homes. People living in them may wake with anticipation, with dread, with hope, with none, and all the emotions between. God sees each one, and He cares, even if they do not know it.

   The sky was still out there in these early hours. Looking toward the east it looked like this:



   Looking toward the west it was more like this:



   It all depends on the direction I look, as to what I see.

   God help me to turn around and look if I wake with my skies cloudy and gray. Help me to see You in the light of this new day and know You are there, and that You care.

   And help all those others out there also.

No comments:

Post a Comment