Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Mind Sings

   There is one good thing about waking up and being able to search quickly for something that is on your mind. Technology may be a mixed bag, but for me this morning, it gave up the lyrics to a song that was playing in my head as I woke up.

   I always think there is a reason for any particular piece of music that floods my mind as sleep falls away, and I begin a new day. Most of the time I cannot even remember the last time I heard a particular song, but it is there, to remind me of something. Today it seems to tell me how to start this day.

   First the chorus to the song that is there this morning:

   Bless the Lord, O my soul
  O my soul
  Worship His holy name
  Sing like never before
  O my soul
  I'll worship Your holy name


   Then the words to the first stanza of this Matt Redman music:

   The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
   It's time to sing Your song again
   Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
   Let me be singing when the evening comes


   It is still early when I leave the condo to walk, and I am greeted by this:



   My favorite part of the sunrise is when the sun is still just below the horizon, but its light is evident on the clouds in the sky. Even before I see it, I know it is there, getting ready to light my day.

   And, as I think on these things, I know that I am blessed, and I know where those blessings come from.

   And, I want to still be singing as the sun goes down and this evening comes, regardless....

No comments:

Post a Comment