Saturday, July 27, 2013

God is on Campus, Too

   When we travel, especially when we go to be with family, it is easy to be distracted from our relationships. That is not only with our friends and other family, but also with God. From the time we get up to the time we go to bed, it seems like the grand children are there, with board or card games, with plans to go somewhere or just to be around us. Now not that it is all bad, but it does take up a lot of the day, leaving me to realize at the end of a busy day, that I have just put God away and taken care of them.

   Today, when I do manage to go out for a quick walk before the house stirs, I ask myself if God is there. I walk toward and into the campus and note a sign for incoming students:



   I have heard of this organization, in fact I passed their house on the main street yesterday on the way back from supper. I note that they are a campus ministry and I realize that God does have some active students on campus.

   There is a chapel in the middle of campus, built in 1963, that I walked toward this morning. I just wanted to sit in the quiet and let God speak to me. The doors were open and no one was around, so I went in and sat for a few minutes. Just knowing there was a place where students could come and get out of the rat race of college life and connect with Him was comforting for me also.



   Later on in the morning, Cady Gray and I went back to campus to take some shots that I wanted to us in this blog post. Sitting in that chapel, just watching that 4th grader sitting in that pew or pretending to play that piano, it seemed right somehow, as if God was saying to me: "I am here, I will be with you while you are here and when you go home, and I will be here for these students. Take time to look for Me and you will find Me."



   I need to do just that, each and every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment