Saturday, July 13, 2013

Desires of the Heart

   There was a verse this morning, from Psalm 20:

   "May He grant you your heart's desire"

   As I walked, I had to ask myself the question: "And what really are my heart's desires? Are there many or maybe just one main one that the others might flow out of?"

   I think I was true to my real feelings this morning when I answered to myself, but to God in heaven also, "what I want most of all in my life is to know that God is with me, and that He cares about what I think and do, that my life is in His hands and His Will is the best that can be fulfilled in my life".

   Before I slept last night, I asked God to wake me up so that I could spend some time in the quiet, reflecting on my time with Him. I had been somewhat busy this week, with a couple of early morning items on my agenda. Along with these appointments, I had some things on my mind that I wanted to write about, and these thoughts seemed to preclude much of my in-depth study and prayer.

   And mostly, I missed the feeling that I was doing what He wanted me to do, and that was to spend time, quality time, in this quiet before my mind got cluttered. I got no specific messages as to what the day would bring, even as the clouds in the east covered the sunrise, but I did confirm again that He is in control, and He wanted me to do this.

   So He did, and I did.

             and......

   It is well with my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment