Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Faith and Football

   In the world of professional football this year, no story has gotten more press than that of Tim Tebow. It seems that the former Florida Gator and now Denver Bronco has been the man that fans either love or hate, and all that emotion stems from his unabashed Christian testimony and the way he expresses his faith on and off the field.

   When I read the Scripture for today, which was John 3:16-21, the first image that popped into my head was a shot of Tim Tebow with his game face on, and in his eye black was printed John 3:16. The verse is a familiar one and reads:

   

   "For God so loved the world,  that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

   The next thing that popped into my conscious thought was:

   Rom 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

   I would like for my life to be lived as a testimony to the truth of John 3:16, and when that time is over, that Romans 1:16 would be given as my epitaph.

   I would like for Tim Tebow to be successful on the field and off. Not living success as defined by those in the football world, but defined by God in His world. Our stages are different, our circles of influence considerably different, but God is glorified by anyone living for Him, no matter where.

   Oh, that I might be found faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment