Saturday, January 7, 2012

It Don't Matter at All If.......

The Scripture reading for today is John 8: 12-19: Read it here:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%208&version=ESV

Three phrases jump out at me from this passage:
1. I am the Light of the world, what all does this entail and what does it mean in my life?
2. I judge no man (or woman). God is the ultimate judge, but does Jesus take Himself out of this role?
3. You know neither me or my Father, because if you knew one you would know the other also. Do I know either one? Do I know God?

When I walk into my future or in some place that I have never been, I can have His light, the light of Scripture or the light of His presence to guide me. I do not need to see the whole way or the eventual outcome of any situation, or indeed of my entire life, just the part that He chooses to illuminate for me. I need to do what I know to be right then continue to do so. If I carry the light with me, I will always be able to walk forward into it, and be assured where the path heads, not seeing the end of the path, but seeing for sure the part that I am on at that time.

Each year, month, week, day, hour, minute or second is new because I have never lived in it before. I may have been in a place or a situation before that looked like it, but it is not truly the same. Change is constant, and, although, in my mind, I can relate to something or someone because I have done so in the past, I need to get rid of the attitude that I can take care of it again.

I think of the Larry Gatlin song "All the gold in California" where it says " It don't matter at all where you played before, California is a brand new game"

Each moment in time is a "brand new game", and, while it is true that I can act and react in that time frame or situation, only with the LIght of the World lighting my way, can I do it right.

Dear God, help me today or this next moment, to depend on You to light the way and make known to me the path to take. Help me to realize that even though I have been in something that looks like this, that deal has all changed in some way. That someone, or that place, or that opportunity, or that decision is not the same and I need a fresh light to see it correctly.

Thank you for bringing this thought to me, and help me live it out as I contemplate it today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment