Sunday, January 22, 2012

Innocent or Guilty?

   The story in Mark 7 is pretty straightforward. Some people bring a man to Jesus, a man who is deaf and cannot speak, and Jesus takes him away to a private place and heals him of both. When these two come back to the crowd, the man can hear and speak, and the people are amazed. Jesus tells everyone not to talk about this, but, of course they do, and this too, is added to the aura around Him.

   How could the people know that this man had been with Jesus? It was easy, he was healed of both his hearing problem and his speech problem.

   If I say that I have indeed been with Jesus, that I have met with Him in my time of study, prayer and meditation, how would people know I was telling the truth? Would I come out of that time the same way I went in, or would the difference be noticeable to others? Is it noticeable to me? Will I live my life any different tomorrow because of what has happened to me today?

   If I don't change, did anything happen?

   My brother in Louisville reminded me the other day in an email of the statement (or question)..If you were to be in a court of law and the charge was being a Christian, would there be any evidence to convict you?

   Would there be?

No comments:

Post a Comment