Thursday, February 16, 2012

Knowing

   The old question resurfaces again, "Do I really know God?" really?

   Jesus says in His prayer in John 17, "This is eternal life, that men know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the One you sent into the world."

   Rom 11:34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?

   1Co 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to advise him? But we have the mind of Christ.

   I hear people say sometimes, that God showed me this, or God spoke to me about this, or God led me in this way or that, and I am envious of their "knowing God" in this way. Sometimes I do not think I know Him at all. Oh, it is true that after something has happened, I realize that God has put me in that place, or even when I get a strong feeling that something ought to be done about this or in a definite way, but I do not live with that knowledge on an everyday basis.

   The Bible says that we cannot know the mind of God, but we have the mind of Christ in us as Christians. It is true that we cannot fathom the ways of God, the events in their sequence, or the reasons behind them, but does this mean that the Holy Spirit can show us the way to live through each situation and give us the mind of Christ so that we would live and respond as He would?

   Is that "Knowing God"?

   I confess that I want something more than the occasional encounter with God, I want to live my life in the knowledge of His will for my life, each day and every day. My study time in the morning, on the days that I actually do it, is an attempt in that direction. The blog is another.

   Know the truth and the truth will set you free. Jesus said that He is the Truth, and He is the One that I want to know.

   Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment