Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What in the World Do Some Dreams Mean?

   Sometime before waking up this morning, a dream flitted through my head, and I had it on my mind as I came to the Scripture study. In this dream, some person passed by where I was sitting and told me to wait right there, insinuating that they would come back to see me about something. Then I woke up and wondered what that was all about.

   Then comes the Scripture passage from Mark chapter 1 where Jesus calls the first four of his disciples. The words He uses to call them are familiar ones, "Follow Me".

   Can I put these two things together to see a picture of what Jesus wants me to do today, and not only today but from now on? Do I sit and wait for someone to come to me and tell me what to do, or do I just follow on with an immediate response? When a person says "wait" do I hesitate to obey the "follow" call?

   That reminds me of another dream I had recently that seemed a little more straight forward, I was following a Man, could only see His back, and He was wearing a long robe. At least in that one I was obeying the call and not trying to decide.

   And then there is one further question, "Do dreams have any meaning anyway"?

No comments:

Post a Comment