Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Seriously?

   Jesus, after having been in a town and healing and preaching and casting out demons, needed a time alone with His Father, so He got up early in the morning and went out into a desolate place, to pray.

   Now I am not a morning person, per se, but I can see the advantage to this time of study, prayer and meditation. The days that I do get up early, even if I have an 7AM appointment, to spend this time away from the distractions of the day, allow me to concentrate on what the Scripture reading for the day has to say to me. It allows me to focus on my relationship with God, and try to connect with Him. In short, I try to make that time a priority, and, when I do, I find that my day has more meaning and purpose. It also gives me things to think about as the day goes on, and align my life to what I have sensed in the early morning hours.

   Sometimes I think it is just my availability to come and sit that makes the difference in my day. I believe that God blesses the effort, and, even when I know the outcome is not up to me, I still feel good about being here. 

   God's blessings are not caused by my performance, but I can't help feeling that God is pleased when I take Him seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment