Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stones

   I sat down this morning, read the Scripture about Jesus appearing before Pilate and the whole question of "What is Truth" and just could not get into it at all.

   I thought about everything and nothing at the same time. The only thing that kept running through my mind was the John Denver song "Some Days are Diamonds, some days are stones. I even pulled it up on YouTube and played it a couple of times. Check it out.

   Then I left to make a breakfast appointment, went by the church to take care of a couple of things and leave some coffee supplies, came home, changed clothes and went to play tennis.

   Now I'm home from that but getting ready to meet a friend for lunch.

   So, this is a "stone" day, and I'm a complete bust. I even lost at tennis, so it all seems to fit together. It's also Valentines Day and my wife said "don't get anything not even a card" and I did that, probably a mistake, right?

   I'll slog through the day and do better tomorrow. I know deep down that God is here even on these days, it is just harder for me to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment