Saturday, February 18, 2012

Unity of Voice

   Oneness is the word for today. The passage in John 17 speaks of the Oneness of God and Jesus, the Oneness of the disciples with Jesus, and is Jesus' prayer for all who come after, the ones that believe in the words that the disciples write and speak down through time.

   It is no wonder that people in the world are confused. People who claim to be Christians speak with many voices, and there is no unity in what they speak. Man made agendas are rampant, and the voice of God is pushed to the background. Self glorification is the norm, and service for God's glory is no true service at all.

   I am going to a prison ministry meeting this morning. These meetings, leading up to the four day weekend that we will spend with the inmates at Ware State Prison, have as their purpose the molding of hearts and minds into a unified purpose, so that only one voice will be heard by the participants there in prison, and that voice is that of God Himself. 

   How can I be a part of that Oneness? The only way that I can see is to try to keep close to God and His Word, taking the time to listen for His voice. 

   Oh God, don't let me sow confusion in others by the words that I speak or write. Let me speak the words of truth, and if I am unsure, let me keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment