Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas and Music

   If there is one thing that I can pick out that moves me during this Christmas time, it is the music. Those old familiar carols strike a chord within me, and I look forward to hearing them.

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GFQ_liezU&feature=endscreen

   When I think of music, my mind and ears turn to a singer that I stumbled upon this year. I had never heard of her before, and I cannot even pronounce her last name. She is from Norway and has the most incredible voice. One of the comments below a Youtube posting reads: "Not since the angels sang over Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago, has the world been privileged to hear a voice like hers".

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed5_T0H9uuw

   Once I get started watching the various videos posted online, the time just gets away from me. She is that good, even if the song is not in English. God has blessed her with such a voice, and we are blessed from hearing it.

   So this is a listening post, not too much to read, but a lot to listen to, and if you are like me, the rest of the day might just be taken up listening to this voice and watching the expressions on this face.



   If it puts anyone else in the same Christmas mood as it does me, then Christmas can come into your heart in a very melodious way.

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKnkqAOhpA

   So have a very musical Christmas, and may the messages in the songs fill your heart, now and forever more. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment