Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Regardless...

   After spending the morning in meetings at church, most having to do with a benevolence project for this Christmas season, I sit down to think for a few minutes.

   My prayer as I begin this time, becomes my prayer for the part of he day that I have left, and, after I reflect on it again, it is a good one for the rest of my days as well.

   Father God,

   Help me to have my attitude on straight,
   regardless
   Help me not to just adhere to a pithy saying, but to live out its truth,
   regardless
   Help me to be truly compassionate, not just tearful at the heart-wrenching stories,
   regardless
   Help me to see others through Your eyes and feel what You feel for them,
   regardless
   Help me to not just speak a good game, but live it out every day,
   regardless
   I know it is not just the knowing of what is right in life, but having the will to live it,
   regardless.

   Thank You God

   Amen




  I know not what lies just over that hill, but, with God's help, I'll live it out in faith, regardless

No comments:

Post a Comment