Monday, December 3, 2012

Waiting...

   Sometimes a strange thought or question comes to my mind. Take for example, when I got a new camera a little while back, and looked around for subjects to photograph, I thought of the word waiting. My next question was "could it be that inanimate objects wait for something or someone?" Then it seemed that everywhere I went, I saw potential applications of this one thought. Some of these:


   Waiting for some special correspondence...or?



   Waiting for someone to enjoy the view..or?

   Waiting for that special child..or even?


   Now I know that something with no life of its own has the potential to think, or wonder, or wait, but it was fun to think about what they might be pondering even as they stood in their spot.

   Here are some verses I read this morning from Psalm 25:

   "none who wait for you shall be put to shame;"

   "for you I wait all the day long."

   "for I wait for you."

   It seems that waiting is a profitable occupation if I am doing it right. Why I wait, for Whom am I waiting, and with what Attitude am I doing this, are the keys. I may wait with joy and anticipation or perhaps with dread and foreboding, but it the reason that I wait that is important.

   Do I actively wait because God tells me to? Do I look to Him for answers, solutions and reasons? Or am I like the final picture above, just sitting there?

   God help me to appreciate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment