Friday, December 7, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods to.....

   Today we go a traveling, traveling toward a reunion with old friends , traveling toward a celebration of a life lived for God and family, traveling a new route on the map, toward new sights and new experiences. In short, we are moving toward living a day that we have not done before.

   I guess each day that we live is one of those new days. No matter the routine, the sights that we see each and every day are brand new. Sometimes it is only in the planning for a completely new set of circumstances that we begin to realize the uniqueness of the day before us.

   The purpose of the day's travel is to go to a funeral over in the western portion of our state, but there is also a side purpose, to visit some county seats and take some photos of courthouses. These will be places that we have never set foot into before. There will be roads that we have not traveled before, people that we have never seen, and opportunities for God to work in our lives in some way, as we try to keep our eyes and ears open for His leading.

 

   If I can keep this thought in my mind as we travel, no telling what might happen. Are there people out there in these towns that we can encourage, maybe just with a smile or a word? Are there sights that God can use just to refresh our souls and give our lives purpose and meaning? Can God use our time on the road to help us see His plans, both in the past and for the future?

   I can see the possibilities as I sit here waiting to begin. God help me to remember to look as we travel the backroads of Your landscape today. Open my eyes, I pray, to what You have done in the past, what You are doing right now, and what You can do in the future, and help me to be a part of all of it. The Scripture from Psalm 31:

   " I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hand;"

   Amen....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment