Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Warning and a Solution

   One of the advantages to being without a computer or internet access for a few days is being able to sit and read, and that is just what I did for the past 5 days.

   One of the books that really spoke to me was The Harbinger, by Jonathon Cahn, a powerful book whose premise is the downfall of America because of its turning away from God, evidenced by the exclusion of God from its public square, and its dependence upon its own power and might to solve all its problems.

   The book draws a parallel between the United States and the nation of Israel as found in the Book Of Isaiah, chapter 9. Without spoiling the book for anyone else, the likenesses are presented as are the outcomes. A harbinger is a warning, and I believe, that unless we heed these that the author has presented, our fate could well be the same.

   As I read the Psalm passage this morning, these words from Psalm 28:

   "Save Your people and bless Your inheritance;
Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever."


   American needs to hear the warning, but the conclusion of all of this is not a forgone conclusion. There is another verse in 2 Chronicles, one that we hear often, but mostly fail to follow its path. It is our solution but it depends on Christians in the land.

   " and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

   We are a part of the problem, and we hold the solution.

   The question is, Will we follow the formula God has provided or will we just wring our hands and bemoan the state of the land?

   Humbling, seeking, praying and turning.....Could we?  Could I?

   Will we?  Will I?

   Read the book for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment