Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Level Paths

   What is here for me in the verses from the Psalms this morning?

   "Teach me how you want me to live; 
lead me along a level path"

   "Teach me to do what pleases you,  
for you are my God.

May your kind presence 

lead me  into a level land. "


   What is it about a level path that I need to know and live today?

   Level ground or a level path is one that is free of obstacles and free of pitfalls. This is a way where I can keep my eyes forward, toward where I am headed, without continually looking down to keep my feet from stumbling.

   I know how easy it is to get off track, to lose my way because I lose my focus. I am continually sidetracked by other cares. I let my goals get in the way of God's, and I lose the path completely at times. It is easy for me to sit down in the morning, read a portion of Scripture, see something in it that definitely applies to my life, write about how it needs to impact my life, and then promptly forget all about it.

   Talk about a short attention span!

   Both passages that I quoted above talk about God teaching me. Perhaps the psalmist has some of the same problems related to focus. I ask God to teach me also, and not to let up because of the slow learning.

   Please, God, teach me to do what pleases You, and forgive me my forgetfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment