Saturday, October 5, 2013

Can or Will, That is the Question......

   What if I go through my routine, if I do my reading, my praying, my silent walking and my putting in the time to do all of this, and God does not speak?

   What if I get up early and make myself available and do not get any great revelation?

   Is it OK?

   Does it mean that I have something in my life that is blocking God, or not allowing Him to speak to me or me to listen?

   Or could it be more? Could it be that this is His choice for this morning time? Could it mean that it has become for me just another routine, a set schedule that is meant to make Him give me what I need for a particular day? Could I write up a schedule that would guarantee His speaking into my life?

   Is it any, or all of the above, or a combination of several of them? Am I at the core of the whole process, or is He?

   How many times have I read in the Psalms:

   "Lord, do not hide your face from me"

   I do not know all of the answers to these questions. I do not know the whys of any particular day or time.

   I also read:

   "Your ways are not my ways"

   Can I let God be God and not question so much?

   Perhaps God has spoken, and this is what He wants me to know.

   Can I be OK with that?

   Maybe that is not even the right question.

   Not "Can I" but "Will I"......

No comments:

Post a Comment