Thursday, October 17, 2013

Getting Up, Ready

   There are all sorts of people this morning who do not want to get up:

   Students who have a test that they have not studied for,

   Those who have a meeting that they do not want to attend,

   Those that have a doctor's appointment that they do not want to keep,

   Those who do not want to face a problem that will not go away.

   But the day comes, the sun rises and opportunity awaits. Opportunity to be a help to someone else, maybe one of the above, who don't want to face this day. Opportunity to be a friend, or a good neighbor, or a fellow student, or a fellow patient, and just make the difference in a life that needs what we may have.

   We got up early, in the dark of the predawn, and went to the beach to catch the sunrise. People were already there, maybe some with the anxiety of those above and maybe some of those that would be the helpers this day.



   As the sun comes up, the day stretches out in front of us. People will cross my path today that I need to notice, maybe even help in some way. Open my eyes, God, that I might be aware of what goes on around me, and, when I do notice, help me to act as You would have me do.


No comments:

Post a Comment