Thursday, October 3, 2013

Trust is Only a Five Letter Word, But Packs a World of Meaning

   As I was out walking a bit this morning, I found myself thinking about what was on my calendar for today. Not that I have so many engagements, but just planning how the day should be lived and where.

   For some reason I thought about the story of a boy who found a sparrow that had been hurt. He was counseled to pick him up, but to do so without squeezing the bird, as that might cause more hurt and lead to the death of this winged life.

   I thought of that counsel and it seemed to apply to my thoughts as I walked. Sure, I had plans for the day, and items on a calendar that I anticipated taking part in, but how should I hold them in my mind?

   Should I hold tight to my schedule and be upset if things did not go exactly the way I had seen them in my mind as I looked toward those times? Or should I hold them loosely, being aware of other circumstances that might have a play in how the times were spent?

   Were the days and the times even in my control at all? Why should I get upset or worry about those things that might go askew?

   It seemed to be all a matter of Trust. Trust in the One who held the day and the times in His hand, and trust that all these things would revolve around what He wanted for me.

   How can I argue about that? I cannot, but I still have to remind myself of this fact, as I try to be in absolute control of all the facets of my life.

   This verse was in my reading for today. From Psalm 13:

"But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation."

   Oh, how I need to live this trust out in my life.

   Get out of the way "me"!

No comments:

Post a Comment