Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thinking, An Exercise for All of Us...

   When I got up early this morning to go to an Elder's meeting at church, little did I know that I would be confronted with some new thoughts, ideas that I needed to think about.

   One of the men told us about a new project that he was embarking on, a project that he believed might stem the tide of the confrontative and uncivil attitude that prevails a lot of the time in our country right now.His premise is that if all of us would take the time to try and see the other side of these divisive issues that plague us, there might be some meaningful dialog that could actually accomplish something.

   My friend is operating from a Christian viewpoint that emphasizes God's love for all people, not just the ones that we agree with.

   I admit that, from the part of the plan that I have read so far, I have been challenged to take the time to study and think about some ideas.

   Here are the 3 areas covered in this movie (scheduled for 2016):

   Gay and Transgender Issues
   Gun Control and 2nd Amendment Rights
   Immigration, Legal and Illegal

   Now, I would admit that if a movie could deal with these 3 areas and promote a non-polarizing dialog, tensions and solutions might be more possible. At least they ought to.

   Take a look at the new web site for this project here:

   http://seetheotherside.us/

   Then take the time to read the blog post by a mother about her son. I did, and it stirred several thoughts in my mind. Maybe it will yours also.

   I know there are a diverse set of readers out there. This post was for you as well as myself, and I would appreciate anything you have to say about the concept, the issues and the blog, especially the thoughts contained in that Mother's writing.

   Comment on line or drop me an email at: dmanbow@gmail.com

   Thanks for thinking with me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment