Monday, November 4, 2013

Am I Good Enough?

   The PGA Tour comes to the Golden Isles this week.



   This is the 4th year for The McGladrey Classic, and, again, I will be a volunteer, serving as a walking scorer three days of the tournament. It is a fun week and getting to see a lot of good golf, up close, is one of the perks.

   As I looked through the list of players, read their bios, their stats, and other information, I could not help but wonder what they were thinking of this morning as they prepared to begin this event. Some were seasoned professionals, some were rookies with no wins on tour, some had achieved success in various degrees, but I wondered what their common question might be right now, in this week.

   In spite of how many times they might have won tournaments, I wonder if these pros still ask the question "Am I good enough?". The question for those who have had success might be "Am I still good enough?" Regardless of our profession or our accomplishments, it is still a valid question.

   The back up to this wondering is the question of whose's standards are we going by, by what yardstick do we gauge success? To whom do we look to for approval of our efforts?

   Golfers may be judged by their victories and their stats, but all of us are ultimately judged by God. All of us, pro golfers included, want to be right in His eyes, but we cannot do it on our own.

   Am I good enough? No way on my own, but a reliance on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ can make it right in the eyes of God. He provided, I accepted, that is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment