Monday, November 18, 2013

What Do They See?

   As I looked at some pictures that I took yesterday, one theme was evident in some of them. Someone was looking at me.



   And so I thought, as I looked, who else is looking at me and what do they see?



   As I stood at the fence of the pasture, my four legged friend was no doubt looking for something that I might give him, a treat perhaps. What about those other two winged creations? I had just disturbed their meal beside the roadway, and they were waiting for me to leave the premises.

   In one set of eyes, there might be hope, and, in the others, there could be impatience. Who knows?

   What might people see when they look in my direction? A ray of hope or a stumbling block in their routine? What does God see?

   From Matthew 18:

“Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!"

   Then from Matthew 5:

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

   The eyes of the world look at all of us. What will they see today?


No comments:

Post a Comment