Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Golf, Golf and More Golf

   As I talked about previously, the McGladrey Classic begins with the pro-am tomorrow. The real tournament begins on Thursday, and I have walking scorer assignments for both of those two days.

   In the pro-am tomorrow, my pro is Rory Sabbatini.

   My first threesome of the tournament on Thursday will be:

      Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey (he won here last year)
      Charlie Hoffman
      Kevin Na

   These pairings are better than my first and second days last year, when I had pros that I had not even heard of before that time. It was fun watching them, but I guess we always look for the bigger names.

   This year will be the 4th Classic, and it has gotten larger each year. It is estimated that they will raise over $1 million for local charities this go around. WSe don't get the Tigers and the Phils, but you have to echo the PGA ads when they say "these guys are good", and they are.

   I'll try to get in some quiet time before my early start tomorrow, so I can look for any spiritual revelations from the course. If those don't come, or maybe I don't see them, I'll at least try to write some of the inside stories from out there, ones that I see on my 18 hole walk.

   God has put this opportunity in front of me, for what I don't know, but hopefully I will find out. There are no chance encounters, and I pray that I'll see them for what they are and respond as He would want.

    We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment