Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Grackle, a Friend?

   The other day, while killing some time down in the Village, I wandered out on the pier with my camera to just shoot. It was a bright sunny day, few people were out, but there were a lot of birds, and it was the interaction of the birds with the people that I focused on.

   In particular, there was this couple feeding the grackles, having fun but being a little timid with the experience at the start. The expression tells it all.



   As I walked on out on the pier, they continued to feed and interact with the black birds, so that when I returned to where they were, the scene was more comfortable. The lady was actively asking the birds to stand on her hand and remain. And for food, the grackles seemed glad to accommodate.



   As I left the pier, to return to my car, I turned around and saw this:



   I don't know if the lady had to go back to her hotel and wash her hair or not, but I don't really want one of those standing on my head.

   But neither do I want to get this black winged creature mad at me.



   Tourists from Kentucky having a good time at the pier and one lone photographer shooting their saga,  wondering if all the birds followed them back to their lodging, not wanting their food source to dry up.

   For me a wondering, for them an adventure at the beach.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment