Saturday, December 21, 2013

The No. 1 Christmas Song

   Since our condo is not good for FM radio reception, and since I thought my wife would like some good Christmas music to go along with breakfast, I brought my laptop into the kitchen to find something on the internet. I knew there were many private "stations" out there, and several of them were grouped together on a website called "Live365" so I went there and typed in Christmas Music to see what would come up in the search.



   The first one was Christmas 24/7 which sounded good, so I clicked there, and music began to come forth from those laptop speakers. Not paying too much attention to the music playing in the background, I went about fixing the table for breakfast.

   Then I heard the station announcer state "this is the number one Christmas song of all time". Wondering if it would be "Silent Night" or some other carol, I listened as the piano began to play softly, and then I was able to pick out the first notes of "Amazing Grace".

   My first thought was that it was a strange selection to be classified number one in this genre, but, thinking further, I decided that it was a great choice, and it does classify as a Christmas song, or hymn, or carol.

   God's gift of His Son on this day so many years ago was indeed the ultimate Christmas present, and  even still brings a meaning to this Holy Day, that never grows old.

   God's Amazing Grace

   His gift to mankind, to all who would receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment