Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Could It Be An Inconvenient Truth?

   From the reading in Matthew 8 for today:

   " Those who heard about it were angry about the drowned pigs. A mob formed and demanded that Jesus get out and not come back."

   Jesus had healed the two men who were beset with demons, but in doing so, had destroyed a whole lot of pigs. Two men were made whole, but the economy of the town was in shambles. Which was the most important?

   If Jesus were to come into our churches today and overturned some of our traditions and programs would we take it as a cleansing or a great inconvenience? What if He did the same thing in my life?

  I've got things in my life that I want to do, things that are good but maybe not the best. Would I want to be disrupted in my plans? Would I readily bow my knee and say "thy will be done"?

   As usual, it is easy to sit here and write what I will do in this kind of situation, but what if it really comes up? Do I really want to know what Jesus thinks about my plans and actions?

   It may be inconvenient, but the truth is what I need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment