Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plowed Ground, Again

   The reading today is again about the Parable of the Seed, Sower, Ground. It is the portion of Matthew 13, where Jesus explains the meaning of the different situations with the sown seed.

  I want to think again this morning about the ways that I can plow the ground ahead of the seed that will be planted. It is not just the seed of the Word of God that leads to salvation, but it is also the seed that God brings into my life each day, as He tries to instruct me in the way to live.

   I can make myself available to listen.

   I can put myself in places where God can speak. Places like church, or home group, or Bible study.

   I can surround myself with those people that I feel will speak truth into my life, even if it might be hard sometimes.

   I can open my Bible in those quiet times of study.

   Putting myself in those right places is a good thing, but, maybe the most important is to have the right mindset before I get there. I need to pray before I get to any of those times that my mind would be open to hear what I need.

   God, help me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment