Friday, July 6, 2012

Golf and Life

   I have heard it said quite a few times that the game of golf is a lot like the living of a life. Now I am not always sure of how these two "games" coincide with each other, bur maybe some of my readers can give me a clue.

   For instance, I have been consciously trying to play a different game than has been my norm over these past years. I find that, since I do not hit the ball very far, I must find other ways to post a decent score. Therefore I have come up with some things that I try to do in order to accomplish this goal. Today this new plan seemed to pay off, so I will share my secrets.

   1. Stay out of the woods

   2. Stay out of the water

   3. Keep your eye on the ball when striking it

   4. Don't try to kill the ball

   5. Don't three putt

   6. Try no superhuman miracle shots

   7. Bogey is an acceptable score

   Since 7 in the Bible is the number of perfection, just following these 2 negative rules and the 5 positive ones, should equate to a good game.

   Now, to make this into a Biblical lesson, I must take these 7 and get them to correspond to the Christian Life. Since there must be some wisdom gems here, I need to know what they are.

   Any suggestions?

   Come on, Think!

No comments:

Post a Comment