Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wasting Time and Energy

   Fret: anxiety, worry or concern, usually in an excessive way.

   Psalm 37 begins with these words and repeats them farther down in the text:

   " Fret not yourself "

   What do they have to do with me? What do I have to worry about?

   How about: Health issues, money issues, golf issues, yada, yada, yada.........

   Then there are other questions:

      Who is in control over all of this? Me?
      Who has shown that He cares for me?
      Is worry a sin?
      Does it show a lack of trust in God?

   There are a lot of things out in the world to worry about. Hunger, Pestilence, Wars, Elections, and they all are important, but most we cannot do anything about anyway, at least not in a meaningful way on a global scale. I can do my part, as God leads, but I have to leave the rest to Him.

   My Bible says that this Psalm was written by David. It seems as if he is reminding himself not to fret, that he might be prone to do it, but that God is in control and all will work out one day. Maybe I want to fret but I need this reminder also.

   " Fret not yourself "

   Don't need to waste a lot of time and energy on this, just do my part and move on.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment