Saturday, August 11, 2012

What Am I Hungry For?

   I woke up this morning with a song running through my mind, or at least a part of a song, so I looked it up on the internet and found the lyrics and music. It is here: (Note: Skip the ad on the video, I could not figure out how to get it off)

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1u-U-JIlW4&feature=related

   And the lyrics contain these words in the chorus:

             You are the one that we praise
             You are the one we adore
             You give the healing and grace
             Our hearts always hunger for
             Oh, our hearts always hunger for


   Then I read in Psalms 107:

   "He turns a desert into pools of water,
a parched land into springs of water.
 And there he lets the hungry dwell,"

   So, the question surfaces in my mind and heart, "What am I hungry for?" What  causes me to wake up in the morning and get going?

   It is true that sometimes my life seems like a desert or a parched land, devoid of much meaning and life, but God reminds me that He can turn that barren landscape into springs of water, water that gives life, His life.

   More words from the song becomes a part of my prayer for this time:

             Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
             Spirit we long to embrace
             You offer hope when our hearts have
             Hopelessly lost the way
             Oh, we hopelessly lost the way


   Only God can satisfy this hunger in my soul, and for this I give Him this morning time. The words that I wrote down as I began this morning, my answers to the hunger question for me were:

   Friendship, fellowship, guidance, purpose and You

   He was here this morning, and for that I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment