Monday, June 3, 2013

And All The People Said "Amen"

   There is a conspiracy against me this morning. Everything that I look at has something to do with age, and, since I just had another birthday, I am reminded again of just how far I am removed from my birth.  Check these verses from Psalm 71:

"Do not cast me off in the time of old age;"

"And even when I am old and gray,"

"My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And of Your salvation all day long;
For I do not know the sum of them."


  Do I see some pattern here, something that God wants me to know, or at least not forget? There are considerably fewer days in front of me than I have already lived. None of us knows the sum of our days, the length of our lifespan.

   All of my days matter to God, and they should to me. I cannot change any of the past ones, as much as I might like to, and I can't do much about the future ones either, except prepare some for living them, but the day that matters most right now is the one I am living in at this moment.

   What will I do with it?

   My prayer earlier this morning was for 3 things: Guidance, Wisdom and Understanding, all for the living out of this day, in relationships, and in situations that will flow into and out of my life in these few hours. All of this for one specific day---this one.

   "This is the day which the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment